AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making use of the No-till payment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 9/27/2008 09:01 (#470255 - in reply to #470091)
Subject: Re: Making use of the No-till payment

Aberdeen MS
The setting up of equipment to make sure it works is the dealers responsibility. Not someone from the NRCS office.

There is no way someone from the NRCS office can do the job they were hired for AND be expected to know exactly and what to do with ... how many different mfg's.... equipment????? And then to be there to hold your hand along the way to boot? I'd be looking for a different dealer very rapidly. If they can't support the sale other than being a parts supplier..... awfully poor dealer IMO.

I'm seeing that exact same thing "here" with the strip till. A VERY small number of dealers are even willing to entertain the THOUGHT.. let alone have someone on staff that actually knows what to expect and strive for.

Follow up of the sale around "here" from manufacturers of strip till equipment is almost non existent. I have a prospective client on my list right now that was directed to me by a dealer for questions he asked on strip tilling. This dealer is a very well respected and good dealership, I do all my business with them sans strip tilling. In chatting with the GM of the dealership, I put the card flat on the table..... IF that brand of strip tiller is what this client needs to do the job he wishes.... I need to direct him in the right direction for service. All he could do is give me a 2 page brochure on the piece...nothing more. But I knew that going in, the territory rep for that company had already informed me previously.... that dealership opted out from handling the strip till equipment. The told Mother Company...thanks but no thanks.

The manufacturers are very willing and anxious to get the equipment out in the field, but I can guarantee you 100% that follow up is very low on their list of business. At least around "here". If the manufacturers won't/can't offer the support needed....how do you expect the NRCS to do so?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)