AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pipeline hit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

whiterock91
Posted 11/20/2023 05:20 (#10488948 - in reply to #10488719)
Subject: RE: Pipeline hit

Alpena MI
The online Oncall site has made my life as a contractor WAY easier. There is no mistake where I want utilities marked when I can snap a polygon in the system and it shows on the ticket. I also know our locator from Field Tech very well so working around gas lines is no worry for me. Any questions while working and Joe comes running. Unfortunately I know to many of the guys from Riverside Energy because of a gas line being marked nearly 100’ off of where it actually was. Long story, but the locator still has his job. So if we run across something unusual I will give the foreman or a pumper for Riverside a call.

As a curtesy, I also email copies of tile maps to the Riverside foreman when we complete a job around their systems. We have a good working relationship.

USIC on the other hand is a bunch of bean brains that call me and complain when they have to mark a communication cable for more than 30’ on terrain that’s any rougher than my front lawn. I’m not sure who’s tree to crawl up to get utilities marked like they should be sometimes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)