AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody know how this all goes back together? (Humor for White tractor people)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 5/8/2009 10:04 (#707059 - in reply to #706974)
Subject: Re: Anybody know how this all goes back together? (Humor for White tractor people)

Western Oregon
Had a big talk with employee last night. He said it is hard for him to work for people who don't threaten to fire him if he doesn't do his job. I told him that was crazy and I was not going to threaten him, when it got to that point he would be gone... I pointed out the list of jobs written on the wall, I noted that he had been here long enough to know what there was to do. I also pointed out that even though he is only getting $9 an hour in the off season he is getting a phone, gas, car, beef (when we have it) and flexible hours. I then challenged him to find a higher paying job with these benefits. He admitted he couldn't get one. Then I said, "Well, then you have to make this one work. We have to get this work done-so we don't go broke."
It all doesn't matter... He is tired of this job. I told him if he doesn't want to be here and doesn't enjoy this job he should find another one. He said, "no he is going to work harder." I gave him the talk now I have to give him another chance.
The thing is... I had several out of work mill workers who said they would be happy to work for me 9-10$ while they were out of work. Said they knew we were good people to work for. I think I need to be finding me either a good hispanic or a high school kid. Have had two really good hispanics, still friends with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)