AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School lunches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 5/4/2009 14:42 (#702767 - in reply to #702601)
Subject: Re: School lunches-food quality

Kansas
I would speculate that you have hit the nail on the head.

I agree in that alot of kids are plain damn picky eaters. I have the "pleasure" of being responsible for 2 of those that fall in that category currently.

I remember eating back in the day at school. Very little I didn't like and didn't think was good eating and I came from a home that raised most of everything we ate and mom is a damn good cook.

But in the same breath, I have eaten several meals with my children at the school nowadays when they asked me to and my gal works there as a paraprofessional and it is the general consensus of both our views that the food there now leaves alot to be desired.

A banquet microwave meal on a plastic tray tends to be more tasty then some of the slop they spoon out to those kids now.

Here awhile back 95 you made comment about kids school meals and the sorts of food that is served that is causing obessity in the kids if I recall correctly.

Hows this strike you?.......School decided that peanut butter is to fattening so now for the ones that do want seconds instead of getting a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, the school dropped using peanut butter and now offers jelly sandwhiches.

Hell, why don't we just shove a sugar packet down thier fricking throat? Not to mention what damn good does that do a diabetec child like I have?

Hanks Gripe is Legit. Far and Wide school systems all should have an ass kicking for what they serve. Personally, I think all personal should be made to eat at those schools. No going home. If the kids have to eat it. Then faculty too. And if they think it is dog food at best, maybe they could jack up the cooks and make them earn thier titles instead of just processed soup warmers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)