AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is JD 7000 corn planter good enough ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oakridge
Posted 4/30/2009 08:40 (#698118 - in reply to #698031)
Subject: Re: Is JD 7000 corn planter good enough ???

West Central Wisconsin
I owned it for 7 years i think and it did a super job of opening the seed trench but closing it was a totally different story in notill. I have a friend who has planted with and 800 since they came out and has has great success with them. he couldnt even get it to close the trench. by the time we were done we had replaced all of the rear tail parts with no success. i never mastered the art of setting the brush and air pressure to get good singulation. I'm not saying that they were a bad planter, like all planters they have great features and not so great features. I know alot of guys use them but i could never get the near picket fence stand that i have been able to acheive this year. I dont farm thousands of acres so i usually get to walk through most of them in early summer and i hated to see skips and doubles. If you have great luck with them, good for you. I just couldnt get mine to do the job i was looking for. I guess it is personal preference. However with that said, I loved the one point filling of the 900. Takes twice as long to fill the planter now. 6 one way and half a dozen the other........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)