AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9300 engine to transmission drive shaft dampner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/25/2009 17:38 (#692563)
Subject: JD 9300 engine to transmission drive shaft dampner

Pittsburg, Kansas

We had one of the engine to transmission rubber drive shaft dampeners go out last night. Before we ordered the parts and tore into it thought I would ask for advice on here from anyone who had "been there done that". As I recall from looking at the parts book a couple years ago it is sold as the entire shaft with no service parts available for the dampener part.

I assume this is a Deere proprietary part so we have to go through Deere? If anyone knows of after market parts I would appreciate the info. I'm sure Deere does not manufacture this drive line but don't know where to look.

Is there any particular tricks to this job? It looks pretty simple other than being a little heavy getting down out of there. Any dis-assembly/re-assemble tips would be appreciated.

We have 4 of these 9000 series tractors of similar age and none have had this changed out yet so I imagine we need to do the other 3 as preventative maintence as soon as we can get to it. Does anyone know if they are putting heavier dampners in the newer 95/9630 series where they are running higher horsepower? Or is it the same one for all the 9000 series models. I will look it up on JD parts when I get time but thought I would ask in case someone already knew. I do know there is a different part number between the 12 speed and 24 speed transmissions which I would assume is different shaft lengths for the extra 2 speed on the front of the 24 spd transmission.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)