AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need info on JD 1850/1900 air drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Scott (OSU)
Posted 4/20/2009 21:14 (#687391)
Subject: Need info on JD 1850/1900 air drill

Dalton, OH

Wasn't planning on another purchase this spring, but my neighbor wants to get rid of his drill and I know I will be in the market for this for next year.  I don't have any expierence with an air drill or even a JD no-till drill for that matter.  Only ran Great Plains box drills before.  I've searched through all of the old threads and found lots of good info.  Here's the deal:

He purchased this 1850 drill with a 1900 cart in the early spring of 2008 at an auction.  He paid $39,500 for it, put all new bearings in it, not sure what he meant, but plan to find out.  He planted 400 acres of beans with it last year.  This drill is just too big for what he does as far as field size and hills, so he wants to get rid of it.  I am interested as I am currently planting 1,000 acres+ of soybeans with a 24ft GP drill.  He wants $40,000 for it and will even spread it out over the next year or so.  Not sure what year it is or how many acres it has from the previous owner.  I would assume I could check this on the brown Greenstar monitor box. 

How will this rig work in small fields?  I have fields from 3 acres to 350 acres.  Is it priced right if I don't have to do much to it?  He really doesn't know much about the drill as he bought it as he thought it was under-priced at an auction.  I trust him, though, as we are really good friends and work back and forth on lots of things.  Also, will a 250 hp MFWD tractor pull this rig?  I have been told yes by other people, but thought I would like to hear your comments on this.  The tractor would be a 930 Fendt, so no problems on hydraulics.

Thanks for everything!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)