AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

axle ratio + transmission model
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 4/11/2009 07:50 (#676680 - in reply to #676663)
Subject: Re: axle ratio + transmission model

Aberdeen MS
Dutch.... at least you got the privilege of starting out in the Transtar II.... I had to graduate to that..... only then I got the air 5 X 3 behind the 290 geared/governed @ 62. I made many a trip from MN to the east coast with that setup.

First one I stepped up into was a 72 4030A, 250 Cummins and a 13. No air, no fm radio. Although if you took that 250 to the governor instead of 2100, it would outpull/outrun a 290.

The boss's kid had the big dog those days...335 with the 13. He kind of had his head in clouds that he couldn't be touched and I made him a $20 bet one day that a 75 mile run from farm to terminal going through 9 towns and about a dozen lights we'd end up in the same order we left in with no one inbetween us at the terminal. He left first... and because he weighed in at around 280 and could jump down from the cab too easy, I was standing alongside his cab when his feet touched the ground at destination. That 20 was good for 2 very drunken nights.....course a mixed drink was 60 cents then...tap beer was a quarter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)