AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor purchase post below....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wigrainfarm
Posted 3/27/2009 00:25 (#658219 - in reply to #658127)
Subject: RE: Tractor purchase post below....

tomah wi
You kind of take the good with the bad. His next purchase may turn out good and give yrs. of trouble free service..
An example I had was my 8760 I bought out of SD. sight unseen only pictures to look at. Seller said field ready good shape. When I got the tractor here it was just as advertised. And has been our heavy tillage tractor for the last 4 yrs and I've had to do just normal maintained Most trouble free tractor even with 12k hours.
Now I bought a 9500 combine 3 yrs ago locally from large local dealer says field ready good condition with 7k in repairs do to it by dealer. I looked at this thing twice and thought about it for weeks I was very leery cause dealer reputation of screwing farmers over. Well it was October and a wet fall so I needed 4 wd to get beans off so I traded in my 7700 for the 9500.. BIG mistake after 2 acres the feeder house shaft broke took housing and bearings with it. I got a copy of the original work order from the dealer for the 7k in dealer repairs on the order stated feeder house bearings wore bad however no part no's for the repair.
Contacted the dealer they denied it all even that any repairs were done In the first place. To make along storie short I took them to court and they paid for the feeder house parts I did the labor.
So you win some you loose some. Iv' e had better luck with mach. jockeys than dealers! I would rather know up front what is wrong and have it priced right so I can do own repairs than inflated repair claims and/or price from dealers....

Edited by wigrainfarm 3/27/2009 00:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)