AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Latest project.....new sheds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/14/2009 19:12 (#644463 - in reply to #643858)
Subject: RE: Latest project.....new sheds

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes, we got out of growing turkeys. My daughter and son-in-law had taken it over several years ago so I have not been personally involved except for the financial end. The company wanted to do a bunch of building upgrades and change from a three stage to two stage unit. The work load would have been a lot better but the money looked worse and it wasn't that good to begin with. I told them if they wanted to grow turkeys we would grow turkeys but before we commit to investing the additional money that would pretty well lock them into growing another 5 years at least, if they wanted out, now was the time. They decided to get out. Daughter now is involved full time in our farming operation and son-in-law does janitor work in nursing home. Lot less stress on him and he likes it so I think all has worked well as the daughter is finding a good nitch in our operation to fill.

Wife is stealing my camera and going to India with it for a couple weeks but if I can smap some pics tomorrow I will. It is just an angle iron frame, pretty simple.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)