AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'll never learn - Ford A64 (I think) loader engine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 3/6/2009 23:52 (#634442 - in reply to #634066)
Subject: RE: It has a cracked block

All I can say to those loaders is what I've read, and that they used the tractor engine of the day whether it was a 8600/8700 or TW, I don't know. It seems to me that the loaders spanned the run of all three tractors.

I do remember changing a 256T out of an A-62 about 15 years ago and dropping a BSD 444T in the hole. I remember that the A-62 had a valley pan or some sort of deep sump pan on the front of the engine... but I can't recally if that was for clearance over a cross member in the frame or for axle clearance, but that would be the major consideration with installing any other engine. It did require THAT pan, and we did change the pan onto the 444T.
I think physically, in just about every other way, just about anything with the right pattern on the bellhousing would bolt in. There was lots of room in the frame.
I don't think there'd be pan clearance issues on the front of the engine if you went to a TW engine, but there could be a cockup with the pan itself... and the TW engine might need it's pan, and the loader, it's pan...

Agree, it would probably be safer and easier to rebuild the one that's there, then know what you have.... and mabey even better yet, go buy an L70 Volvo...

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)