AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wire through a hose
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 10/9/2006 23:59 (#50040)
Subject: Wire through a hose

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North
Hey all, hope your harvest is going well, we finished with corn silage and 3rd cut alfalfa last week. I have time now for all the other problems that have been ignored for awhile. Been dry this summer, our 2 shallow dug water wells aren't keeping up and we have been hauling City water (pumped from Lake Superior) 12 miles one way. We are up to 4 x 2000 gals a week and not getting any better as time rolls along. I have one unused well I would like to draw from, formerly was hooked up to a shallow well jet pump in a barn that has since been torn down. New barn in its place has no good place for a pump, want to switch to a submersible, but need to get wire to the well. I have an unused run of 1" black plastic hose terminating beside the well, if I could route my wire through it it would sure be nicer than tearing up the yard to bury cable. Its about a 250' run, I need to run 10/3 NMWU cable, any ideas? Is there something I could run up the plastic pipe to get a rope, then the cable up? I hear they make some type of "mouse", pushed by compressed air, for hard PVC, would this work for flexible pipe?

Thanks a bunch for any ideas.

Edited by Bernie nw ON 10/10/2006 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)