AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ULSD ? What to do ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 10/2/2006 20:39 (#48290 - in reply to #48265)
Subject: RE: ULSD ? What to do ?

I'm curious to see what others say also.

I switched fuel suppliers recently due to terrible service after a merger last year of my independent fuel supplier with a Co-op.

The new supplier said they are getting ULSD from the refineries but the refiners are adding some additive package to help with lubricity and my fuel supplier is also adding a lubricity package as well.

I'm also running a 20% Soydiesel blend here after running it without problems last fall. 100% off road diesel delivered was $2.00/gal 20% off road Soydiesel blend delivered was $2.09/gal.

I've still got 4 of the rotary Roosa Master injection pumps here as well as 2 of the newer inline styles so I'm plenty worried about fuel lubricity on these older pumps. I'm almost willing to bet we are going to see a multitude of problems with the new ULSD and older machines.

Sort of reminds me of how the switch to unleaded gas was not going to "cost" anybody anything either. A whole lot of folks that were still using gas tractors for heavy tillage soon found out that "no cost" ended up being quite a bit more than zero when they started overhauling and having to use hardened valves and seats in those older gas engines.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)