AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Storing corn...for 25 years (attn. Ron Lukow)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 11/23/2008 23:53 (#515065 - in reply to #514986)
Subject: RE: Storing corn...for 25 years (attn. Ron Lukow)....well..I'll be!!!

South Central Nebraska

Thanks Ron, I will pass on the kind words to my dad. He is now 72. I am sure most of them that spell Berns with an e are directly related. If I remember right my great grandfather lived in Chebanse with his family in the late 1800's. I think he came out to Nebraska to work. He was helping a farmer pick corn south of Bladen and commented to him that he would never farm ground like this if someone gave it to him. Their land back in IL was as flat as a table and he would not have anything to do with something with a draw in it. Well some years later (1901), after he married this farmers daughter he bought a quarter section farm within a mile from his father in laws place. My Dad now owns this land and my brother and I farm it. My great Aunt who was a daughter of Joe, my great grandfather, is still alive and she is the one who put together the scrap book. I will have my Mom scan some of the other info about our relatives in Chebanse and find out how my great grandfather was related to eddie's mom. I told dad, so the reason we are farming out here in Nebraska instead of Illinois is all because of a woman. :)

Maybe sometime if we are "back east" we can stop and visit the area where my descendants once lived. By the way, did you used to be on Frank Lessiters National Notill Conference board back in the 90's or am I confusing you with someone else. If so I remember seeing you at several of the conferences.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)