AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedbear - Using Insight with old Hiniker?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kelleyeng
Posted 11/24/2008 10:58 (#515377 - in reply to #506273)
Subject: RE: Tedbear - Using Insight with old Hiniker?

Brookston, IN
I would agreed with Tedbear. As he said, the Hiniker flowmeter is compatible with the AgLeader system by using an adapter cable or modifying the AgLeader cable to the Hiniker end. If you were running a flow meter and servo as separate units, then you could just replace the servo with a Raven servo at this point. However, since you have the Starflow combination, he is absolutely correct in suggesting that you replace that combination. Hiniker has some things in testing to help those wanting to use AgLeader/Deere components, but nothing has been released yet.

I would differ with Tedbear on the electric shut-off valve. I prefer to use the hydraulic valve as my shut-off. Barring a broken hose or a blown engine, I know that shut-off is going closed. We also put a switch on top of the hydraulic shut-off to act as a run/hold switch for the Insight. Another option would be an implement switch for the run/hold and use the hydraulic as an "emergency" shut-off.

We let our boom valves shut-off via Autoswath and then actuate the hydraulic valve when we lift the bar. If you don't want to actuate the hydraulic valve at every end, then I would use an implement switch. This way, if you raise up, the Autoswath can't kick on the boom valves in an unapplied area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)