AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

injector pump advise/repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

leoduncan
Posted 10/7/2008 07:53 (#476639 - in reply to #475823)
Subject: RE: What transpired

Well I visited by local dealer. They want 250 for hauling the machine in. (40 miles, so a fair price).
They also stated they would pull the pump and send it to the regional pump rebuilder. Total turn time would be in the neighborhood of 2-3 weeks. (They say they are really busy and have a line up of job orders).
I must have looked troubled. The senior mechanic came over from what he was doing when the service manager left. He overheard the conversation. He told me I could do this no big deal. Told me how to get the gasket out without the "special tool". Told me if I run into something I can not figure out or screw up to stop by again and he will answer my questions.
With a new sense of confidence, I walked over to the parts department. One of the two gaskets in house ( 2.70 each) other one in a warehouse 3 days away ( 1.75 each).
I ordered them.
It has been about 19 years since I was into a pump, during my engine classes.
Went on line, refreshing my "knowledge" of how this all goes together and operates. Internet is a great tool for researching and advice.
Parts should be here by the end of the week.
Hopefully this will be a smooth repair.
Maybe someday, when I get a really nice shop, more experience (definitions: repairs needed and no money to pay labor) I will be able to do some of the "amazing" repairs I see some of you post on here.
It does amaze me that there are farmers/mechanics out there that tear into (and put back together)powershifts, rearends etc in their own sheds as if it no big deal.
Thanks for the posts and pictures. I really enjoy seeing them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)