AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

injector pump advise/repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

leoduncan
Posted 10/6/2008 07:54 (#475823)
Subject: injector pump advise/repair

My red axail flow with a red engine and Bosch pump has developed a leak around a delivery holder at the rear of the injection pump. It was small leak, so I snugged up the tube a little and made it a more substantial leak.
Are these field servicable? It is leaking enough I do not want to drive it to the dealer.
I have the engine manual and it only shows the complete tear down procedure for the pump. The delivery tube is buried in the middle of the procedure. Plus the pump is showing as coming off the machine.
I am assuming it is leaking from the gasket that remains when you remove the tube, spring and delivery valve. It shows a special tool being needed to replace the gasket.
Can this be changed on the machine leaving the pump installed? Is my thinking correct and that the gasket needs to be changed, since it is the only sealing surface I can figure out?
Is it something a farmer-mechanic can handle or is it best to have the dealer do it? (Dealer here would most likely pull the pump and send out for rebuild, seems to be what they do with pumps)
Advice or comments appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)