AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery Oil Change Screwups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

frmrzdotr
Posted 9/23/2008 22:06 (#467854 - in reply to #467086)
Subject: Re: Machinery Oil Change Screwups

First time I changed the oil in my E250 Ford Van, I put in 5 quarts, and drove it away. pressure came up slower than my Dodge, so I shut 'er down. Then I read the book and found out it had a six quart pan. No harm done, and slow pressurizing is not uncommon for 1990 Ford 351's with EFI.

My hockey buddy drove his just-purchased Ford 9000 out into the field to pick up a load of corn off the combine... a stalk hit the "quick-dump" valve and out went the oil, $14K later he was back in business. Bought that truck twice before it even hauled one load.

Uncle changed oil in his Allis powered UNI-harvester. Chopped 1/2 a load of silage, blew 'er up. Left the old O-ring in the block, so she leaked like crazy til she blew.

I reassembled a Briggs/Stratton that someone else tore down. put the slinger on the rod cap, BACKWARDS. Engine ran 30-40 seconds on the floor, locked up, did a back flip from the inertia, landed on the head and snapped off the spark plug. Took 'er apart, put it together the right way, ran great... oh yeah new spark plug.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)