AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery Oil Change Screwups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 9/23/2008 06:56 (#467207 - in reply to #467097)
Subject: Yep, what Chad said....

I'm the only one around here but I still try to pull keys (if applicable) Sometimes I let stuff set a few days before I get around to putting oil back in.

I also second the grease instead of oil on the the gasket of ornery cannister type filters. The 2 qt cannister filter on my Ford tractors is the worst to hold in place. A shot of gun grease works fine. Oil seldom if ever works.

An interesting twist on changing oil in my Ford 9600. I was changing oil in the injector pump. The level plug was quite tight and when it came loose my hand hit the plastic fuel line from the lift pump to the filters and broke it plumb off. Had a full tank of fuel so I had to quick shut the valve off at the tank. Cobbled it together again for now with a piece of fuel hose and a couple spring clamps. Haven't actually tried it yet to see if my fix works but it should unless there are other cracks I didn't see.

In the meantime I ordered a new line. $40+ but found out yesterday it's backordered. The local dealer parts man said he had a line located coming from a dealer on the other side of the state.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)