AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorta machinery; Your first set of wheels?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 9/20/2008 10:31 (#465041 - in reply to #464999)
Subject: Re: Sorta machinery; Your first set of wheels?

Aberdeen MS
How about a partially restored 55 2 door post....not a 210 tho.

Started doing mine in 76 right out of college to match up with my 74 Spirit of America Nova, and my 78 Z 28. Got married and the 55 got put on hold..... the Nova went before that....and the Z went when #2 was born.

With the exception of a dent right under the right headlight....floor pans.... and a little trunk floor work.... body would be good to go. New steel dog legs, rockers and head light caps were welded in..... 23 coats of primer put on and blocked back down for a straight body.... but would need a complete blasting to start over. It has a 62 Impala SS rear in it.. posi... not sure on the ratio anymore. Wide ratio 4 speed is in the trunk.... a good solid 292 6 bolted under the hood right now..... but has never been fired since rebuild in 77. No guarantee on it at all.

I was thinking of getting back started into it this winter, but a few other things popped up this fall, not sure if I'm going to get back into it or not now. I was going to do a full resto to my 85 Fiero GT..... but ran out of patience and time with that as well. Let it go last fall.... the guy went hotrodding with it, got 200 miles out of it till the 2.8 started making noise.

Edited by Greywolf 9/20/2008 10:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)