AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorta machinery; Your first set of wheels?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 9/20/2008 07:45 (#464973 - in reply to #464818)
Subject: RE: Sorta machinery; Your first set of wheels?

Embarrass WI

'69 Dodge Polara 2 door. 383 2 barrel, auto on the console. Thing was about a mile long, rode like a boat. Kept it 6 months, then I got a '71 Roadrunner, 383 4 speed that a backyard bodyman had resurrected from a wreck. Looked sharp if you didn't look too close, it was slooow compared to my buddies cars, but I still picked up citations. Next was a 73 Dodge Challenger with a 340 4 speed, PO had removed the 4 bbl and put a 318 intake on it, I could still smoke 350 Nova's. Lost that one when my buddies garage burnt down with my car in it.

Still, the '65 Buick LeSabre family hand-me-down I drove in high school had the best ratio of beating to repairs of anything I have seen. I beat that thing like a rented mule-if my Dad had seen some of the things I did to that car he would have shot me, yet it never broke. It was still running even after I center punched a power pole with it on my way home from a party. It was bad, watching Dukes of Hazzard years later, thinking, "What's the big deal, I've done that?" Never jumped a river, though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)