AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 660 help!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/30/2008 09:29 (#446759 - in reply to #446739)
Subject: Re: Raven 660 help!

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This really isn't the heart of your problem but I believe there is some misunderstanding about the INC/DEC switch in automatic and Manual.

Another poster stated that the Inc/Dec switch has no effect in Rate 1/Rate 2 but only in Manual.

This statement is mostly correct but there's more to it. If a "bump factor" or Delta value has been entered, then the rate programmed in for Rate 1 is incremented or decremented by that amount when the Inc/Dec switch is moved and the Rate Switch is set to Rate 1

When the Rate Switch is set to Manual then the Inc/Dec switch directly controls the control valve without regard to the rate. The preset Rate for Rate 1 is not changed.

Here's an example: Suppose you had Rate 1 set at 100# and had entered in a "bump factor" of 10#. If you were applying with the Rate switch set to Rate 1 and things were working properly, the system would attempt to apply 100#/acre. If you push the INC/DEC up for a while, Rate 1 would be "bumped up" to 110 #/acre. Releasing the switch and holding it up again would cause the rate to be increased to 120#/acre. This would accomplish the same thing as entering in a new rate with your fingers as is usually done.

Holding the INC/DEC switch up "too long" is not a problem as the value is only bumped up once for each change in the switch. This avoids the problem of having the rate take off on you because you held the swtich too long.

This feature was added in more recent Raven consoles to allow the operator to pick a variety of rates and not just be limited to Rate 1 or Rate 2. This feature is present on the Sidekick Injection console also and is probably utilized more in that situation.

Edited by tedbear 8/30/2008 09:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)