AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD's electronic Tru Count for planters???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/19/2008 20:15 (#438740 - in reply to #438465)
Subject: Re: JD's electronic Tru Count for planters??? ours

Chebanse, IL.....

OK...thanks for reply.

We had no dust problems w/the TC equipment in '08. I guess we didn't see that literature. We did not run airline into cab, we just added a cheap, but enhanced external filter from a garden tractor. Sometimes we don't follow the rules, when we're sure we have a better idea. I think our planting was as dusty as any this yr. We had no clutch failures. I've read the same posts. I'm sure some had problems, I know some didn't have problems. Our green equipment has the same operating quirks.

It sounds like you'll already be getting a compressor supplied by JD planter factory. I'm not sure why JD is saying a compressor is bad for clutches but good for air bags. In the '09 season we'll be eliminating one of the compressors & running both clutches & air bags with one. I'm sure it will work. In the 2nd photo below, the TC compressor is sitting right behind the JD supplied compressor (air bags). Both of them receive filtered air from the discarded garden tractor dry-element filter mounted above them. We used 1/4" plastic air lines & "push-lok" fittings for the plumbing.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 8/19/2008 20:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)