AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12v pumps and portable diesel tanks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 8/17/2008 14:12 (#437090 - in reply to #437014)
Subject: Re: 12v pumps and portable diesel tanks

On my pckup I have a 6 prong plug mounted in the left side of the bed just in front of the tailgate for our gn trailer. For the fuel tank we carry in the p.u. I have the pump wired so it will plug into that plug. Have seen many that just use alligator clips & attach to them to the battery when using the pump. I prefer to leave the engine running on the p.u. as we use 20gpm 12v pumps and they pump faster with the engine running. Also, less likely to run the battery down on bigger fills.

On our fuel wagon (1,000 gal AA tank) the pump has HD alligator clipps that we attach to the the tractor or combine we are filling. Normally leave the engine shut off on them as they have plenty of battery capacity to handle the pump. Use to we would run a 110 pigtail from the batteries to where to close to the fuel cap on the piece of equipment & had the pump wired with the male plug. Used a 3 prong plug so it could only be hooked up one way. Idea was it made it harder for theiveds to steal fuel. Not sure why we changed other than the fact every piece of equipment had to wired up, alligator clips were easier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)