AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Business band radio what brand is better
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 8/17/2008 23:46 (#437519 - in reply to #436965)
Subject: So I am a guru ?

West Union, Illinois

I guess I better start practicing setting cross-legged.  I did a quick search of images for guru and found this

from http://drfunkenberry.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/jessica-alba-may-have-found-her-love-guru/

Yeah, sure I am a guru ... I better stop shaving.  KMK thanks for the accolades, but I'm just a high ground river rat with too much experience.

Anyway, back to the original subject.  I would not be afraid of some good deals on radios, just be sure you understand the risk.  Come 2013 it may be an expensive door stop.  Some of the old Midland business radios were built to use as a wheel chock!  They had a case a truck could drive over and survive.  As I recall they drained a battery pretty easily if left on overnight.  Very good audio quality.

I like Kenwood and Icom.  Have both as well as a Yeasu ham rig (same mfg as Vertex and Vertex/Standard)  I would hate to give one a blanket recommendation over the other.

I really like and suggest a local 2-way dealer if you have a good one.  If you don't, Comtronix has been around a long time and has a very good reputation.  It's just that some things are easier to do in person.

Cell phones and radios are both just another tool.  Some tools work best in one situation but not as well in a different one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)