AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4720 rate controller problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JustinW
Posted 7/14/2008 20:57 (#415499 - in reply to #415410)
Subject: RE: 4720 rate controller problems

Kenosha, WI
I have had the same exact problem with my 4720. I posted it about a month ago. In my case it only happens when I run the pump and boom dry. Completely empty. Last year I thought it may have something to do with leaving the pump on when I load. I have always pushed product on with a pump on the trailer and would only shut the pump off if the sprayer was empty. Now I shut the pump off every time I fill. I try hard not to run the pump dry. If I have to cut it close, I watch the pressure and as soon as it drops a little I shut it down. The tank vol countdown is very accurate if you reset each load. When I do get air in the boom/pump because of rinsing or switching chemical,the only way to correct it is to run the sprayer on a manual pressure for a few minutes or rounds. I have talked to my sprayer mechanic and he said the air line on the top of the pump was put on to correct that. I too have checked that line, the flow meter, adjusted/shut off the sparge, cleaned screens-found nothing. I have found it seems to happen more with thinner products like roundup or insecticide that with thicker pre emerges. I wish you better luck in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)