AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First Ding (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fred
Posted 6/30/2008 09:16 (#407251 - in reply to #407005)
Subject: Re: First Ding (pics)

south east SD
Had same trouble. It would raise with the frost and sink in the mud, never caught it though. Called my cement guy and he came and dug it out with a bobcat down to the frost level. Put in a footing with rebar and then poured a wall with the metal door holder set in the cement. The cement also was 2 inches higher to the inside of the building to hold the doors from blowing in and to keep the birds out. 4 inches wide above the ground. Mine does not have any sky lights because grandpa said if it dark the birds won't stay in it. So when I close the door it's dark inside and I always close them when not needed to be open. Never have birds inside. The other trouble I had was the post's by the sliding doors would move with the frost then the door was to low or high!! The building was built on a little down slope and had to fill it level. The ground didn't support the weight. Again I had a guy come in dig to the bottom of 2 posts auger down 17 feet or 5500 psi to support the post so they don't move. Hooked the auger to the post and cover, no trouble since. Then a neighbor had the same trouble with the frost and his brother told him it was the clay in the soil and to dig around the post and put in pea rock as the pea rock won't stick and freeze to the post and move it with the frost?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)