AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop insurances...you always satisfied in the end?.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 6/24/2008 07:12 (#403503 - in reply to #403453)
Subject: Re: Crop insurances...you always satisfied in the end?.

Aberdeen MS
It depends a lot on the adjuster and where in the field you take him to to asses the damages.

Years back before there was a replant clause in hail insurance, my Dad and I shared an 80. It wasn't 50/50, it was north 40 is mine....south 40 was his. It was insured as such as well, 2 separate policies.

My dad split coverage between 2 different companies and the companies were aware of it as well. The first adjuster came out for my dad's policy, 100% loss. 2nd adjuster came out for my portion of the field and do the formalities on the second half of my dads. They didn't ask to see my dad's portion of the field, just took care of the paper work.

We took them about 50 rows into my dad's portion of the field first, then about 50 rows into my portion of the field and they came up with 75% damage at that time at both spots, take it to harvest and leave check strips. They asked my dad if he concurred and my dad replied "Not sure, you just paid me 100% 100 rows over, what's different???"

They tried coming up with it was a different field...etc etc. When they realized they were wrong, they then changed a bruise to possibly coming through as being probably dead, gave me 100% damage.

We left the stand..... kicked the planter over 10 inches and planted an earlier maturity right alongside and harvested 28 bu/ac beans that fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)