AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low cost RTK vs omnistar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/23/2008 18:49 (#403187 - in reply to #403166)
Subject: Thanks, that answers my question

Thanks for the reply it helps a lot. I'm leaning towards the rtk side and I even asked the local outback rep to give me quote (but it's more). Another thing I may have to consider is that I may have to have 2 tractors pulling manure tanks if we get in a bind. I'm not sure I'm up for doubling the money, but it looks like that's what it would take.

The cost of subscription vs hardware is a good thing for me to keep in mind and it actually goes beyond just the tractor. We bought the 8 row head to go on our 1680 to speed up harvest especially when we were either filling or closing out a turn of piggies (fairly intense time - going 8 rows made things much easier). My thought was I would eventually have to get a 16 row planter. I only have a 12rn 7200 vac, but I've rebuilt most of it and set it up with the 20/20 monitor system AND Most importantly I might be finally getting the hang of making it work right for me and the ground I farm. The cost of upgrading planters along with the new learning curve (even if it's another 7200 vac) is not something I'd like to do right away. So, it's likely the rtk system would represent some actual savings if I don't have to change planters.

Thanks again,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)