AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low cost RTK vs omnistar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/20/2008 10:56 (#401370)
Subject: Low cost RTK vs omnistar

We would really like to apply manure in strips we could plant back over in the spring. Manure is applied usually in 5 rows at a time and we plant 12. I've looked at the mojo rtk and it looks nice, but it looks like 'to really catch fish' I need to spend $16K ($13K for the mojo + $3K for glonass upgrade). While full rtk would make harvest a little nicer (we combine 8 rows, plant 12), I'm thinking that if the strips are laid out decently, the planter markers would work good enough. I realize in normal strip till getting off the strips is really bad, but I'm guessing with manure I have so much more volume that my 'strip' would be wider and more forgiving.

Right now I have a EZG+, T2 and EZ steer that I've been using in the sprayer with mixed results (big booms winding up, steering motor brkt was too 'floppy' on steering column- maybe now fixed). I'm hoping to get it dialed in pretty well this summer so I might be ready to try it applying manure. To add omnistar do I need a different receiver or is there an upgrade to the ezg+?

Or, are there other rtk systems available at lower cost or used (like outback) that would do what I need (but would they work with the ez steer)?

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)