AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wilmar Eagle 8500 and EZ-Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/18/2008 07:22 (#380197 - in reply to #379902)
Subject: RE: Further to : Wilmar Eagle 8500 and EZ-Boom - It's driving me nuts

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Did this sprayer work well with a previous control system? If so the problems are assoicated with the switch to EZ-Boom. If not then the problem may lie elsewhere with the sprayer itself.

In a few rare cases when installing Insights we have found it helpful to put the "old" box back in to get a feel for how the rig reacts with the other controller. The assumption is that everything was fine before which was not always the case. If the sprayer works or did work well with the old system then the problem is with setting up the new system.

I would not mess with the minimum flow rate as this may be confusing your issue. Once you get the system working well then play with the minimum flow rate.

I plan on spraying this morning and just checked a tip book for my situation. With 8005's, a speed of about 7 mph, a rate of about 15 gal/acre should require about 20-30# of pressure.

I plan on setting my Insight at 15 gal/acre and mixing my Harness Extra accordingly.

With the Insight the control valve is closed down when a new session or product is used. This requires me to either 1) switch to manual to force the pressure up myself or 2) Easier- just drive really slow at first and let the system "catch up". I then progressively speed up to allow the system to "catch up". Once I reach by normal speed the system is fine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)