AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wilmar Eagle 8500 and EZ-Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/17/2008 07:52 (#379764 - in reply to #379571)
Subject: RE: Wilmar Eagle 8500 and EZ-Boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I suspect that part of your problem is the control side of things. Once you have determined the correct meter cal by one of the methods suggested above (Just using the Mid-Tech number should be very close), try to run the sprayer in a "Manual" mode so see if things settle down.

Your system is flow based and the controller uses the flowmeter to adjust your Autorange Valve to control the amount of mixture getting to the boom.

The valve cal values determine how quickly the control valve reacts, how close is "good enough" and things like that. With the system in Manual you are controlling the valve directly yourself so you can determine if the sprayer is able to perform properly with the rates, tips, ground speed etc. that you desire.

If the sprayer is not able to meet these goals in "manual" you don't have a prayer of a chance in the automatic position.

I don't have a chart in front of me and you should check with a chart to see if the tips that your have are appropriate for your ground speed, target rate and pressure range.

Trying to make an automatic system work with incorrect tips is frustrating at best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)