AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing 4430
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 3/29/2008 13:59 (#344759 - in reply to #344100)
Subject: Re: To Jon S

Iowa
Not at all trying to "jab". Some people here in c/sb country ARE flush with cash. Very sorry you took it wrong. All I meant was that if lots of cash laying around, enjoy!!--maybe better a tractor than a boat (or whatever).

I also have a couple tractors that I've had several offers to sell, so know how that goes, too. I have always felt that my pristine, well-cared-for tractors are better off staying here than risking $$$ on something that may have not had the care I give. Of course, at some point everything needs to be replaced. (I have a georgous 4450 with 13,000 hr on it still going strong-bought it in 1995 with 3200 hrs on it).

We just differ in how we use our $$. I would NEVER borrow money for something that I had the cash for--assuming I still had my normal cash "cushion" for other opportunities or unexpected expenses. I always try to put my $$ where the ROI is the greatest, which for me has seldom been machinery.

Since we are both "fiscally conservative" I am really sorry you thought I was "jab"ing you. I would still call maybe $40,000 on something you call a spare tractor a plung of sorts--maybe "plung" is a poor choice of words on my part.

Hope you figure out what to do. I had no intention to offend. I enjoy your posts. I tend to think all of the East Coast is cities and beaches, so interesting to hear about a farm back there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)