AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 966 slow Hyd at the remotes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

baler brian
Posted 3/23/2008 22:56 (#340475 - in reply to #340248)
Subject: Re: IH 966 slow Hyd at the remotes

I noticed the slow speed the most when unloading rear unload silage wagons, which need alot of flow. It isn't as noticeable on small lift cyl. Would the check valve be at the valve body or at the coupler end? I did not notice one but I will check it out tom.

I cleaned everything up tonight and found two, 1/4" pipe plugs that were both leaking a small amount. They appeared to have loctite on them and they were not able to be tightened. I removed the plugs and chased the threads and put teflon tape on then and they do not leak. I dont think that would make any difference in the flow at all would it? The one plug faced forward just ahead of the relief valve and the second one faced to the left as you sit on the tractor near where the valve body bolts on. I removed the relief valve for inspection but I am not sure what I am looking for to see if it is OK. It has a ring of holes near the hex plug and another ring of holes that are partially covered by a cylinder shaped piece in the center of the valve body and a screen on the end which is captivated by a internal snap ring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)