AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, I let my mouth get me into some hot water---- now I need some help.....demolition mats around?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 3/17/2008 09:17 (#335776 - in reply to #335490)
Subject: RE: Well, I let my mouth get me into some hot water---- now I need some help.....demolition mats aro

Central Kansas
Seems the machinery end of this discussion has prevailed over most other ideas/options. For instance....a plastic or metal form could be placed on the edges of the existing slab and then leveled with packed sand and brick or other paving stones added to make a really "gee whiz" patio....only now you could call it a 'veranda'. Steps would have to altered someway....one option would be to add a similar colored quarry tile with nice 1/4" wide white grout lines (they can be found in Lowes). Now you are in a real artistic mode.

You must have a pretty nice lawn to fear tearing it up...which I suspect would be an uncommon situation for most of us. However, if you were to use some tracked or wheeled machine to break-up and haul out the old slab....and bring mud in, could it all be done in the same track/trail and then that formed up and made into a swell new sidewalk/path? Cost more for mud and might not be a desired sidewalk area of course. I would go with the brick or paver covering....then if you insist on the new slab, do it this coming fall or winter. Could do the same with a temporary wood deck....just use sleepers around the outside and a few down the middle to carry the weight of the heavys....pull up next winter and have at it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)