AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well, I let my mouth get me into some hot water---- now I need some help.....demolition mats around?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 3/16/2008 23:55 (#335654 - in reply to #335490)
Subject: Jake....

I'd put down two layers of plywood. Put one down cross ways of the way you will be driving in, then if you want to be safe lay some 2x6 boards on it cross ways of your driving lane, nail into the bottom plywood, then lay another layer on top of the 2x at a 90 degree angle to the bottom layer, nail them together.

Then get a compact track loader, preferably Cat or ASV, they have the lowest ground pressure. Get a pecker and break up the concrete and haul it out. Be absolutely certain you do all of your turning off the plywood, get on the patio or out in the drive before you turn. Nothing but straight in and straight out...slowly on the plywood.

Get the plywood up asap and water and fertilize the grass and it will be fine. I'd spend the money on a pumper for the concrete because nothing you put down will hold up a concrete truck. It also makes the pour a lot easier. Hauling it back in with the loader will be time consuming and you won't be able to lay out your rebar and then run over it. Spend the money you will be glad you did.

Charlie has tried to just run in and out of a job on grass and be super careful with our 277B Cat, but even just 8 or 10 trips will mess a normal yard up. Unless it's bone dry it will cause soil to move.

Edited by Ray (ecks) 3/16/2008 23:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)