AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about chevy silverado 1500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 3/15/2008 20:03 (#334688 - in reply to #334634)
Subject: What wrong with mine then??????

Southeast Florida
It gets 9.5 to 13 mpg continuously. I have no idea what gear ratio it has but I carry the normal farmer paraphernalia; 100 gallon diesel tank, 3-4 chains, spare tires for disc, jacks, minimal tools, grease guns and miscellaneous junk. It’s in and out of fields all day 4X4 50% of the time, going down county roads, black tops and interstates. I went to Texarkana on day and got 13.33 mpg. This was driving with cruse control at 70 mph. I drove the speed limit just to seen how good I could do with mileage. Today I filled it up with 30 gallons of $3.17 regular at 295 miles and the walk light was on too. I just put a new set of tires on it figuring it would be worse since the old ones were 265/something/16 and new are 285/something/16’s. It was unchanged. The truck is dealer maintained and in good running order according to the GM computer. We have many more trucks like this and they all get about the same as mine, so my questions is how do we get 20 mpg with these trucks, hell I’d be happy with 15 mpg.

The only way I’d believe one of these truck getting over 20 mpg is if it was going downhill with a stiff tail wind. They guy I farm for here owns several GM dealerships and many Deere dealerships in the area and they all get 10 -12 mpg. My truck doesn’t care if I drive 90 or 55 it gets 9.5-13.

Would somebody please tell me the secret to getting this great mileage????

Or do these truck that people are claiming all of these great numbers from just go from one coffee shop to the next never seeing the farm or a dirt road?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)