AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electronic ignition on older IH tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 3/10/2008 14:33 (#330688 - in reply to #330544)
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition on older IH tractors

I will second what "sweetcorn' said. I have heard too many bad things about that company to do do business with them. Your local auto parts store should be able to get you what you need. If not give me an e-mail address & I will put you in touch with the guy I have bought from or go over to www.redpowermagazine.com and asked, there's several guys there that sell them including the guy I buy from.

I have done a SMTA and a gas powered Toyota forktruck with the eletronic ignition & have another set ordered for another SM & will be converting a 3rd SM & an M later this year. IMO the elcectronic ignition sure has helped in starting & I don't see nearly as much fowling of the plugs as what I did before. Also it's nice not having to change points & condensors all the time. On the forktruck we were burning up a set of points every 10-15 hrs of running time. Have had the electronic ignition in for over a year now with no problems.

I would also recomend switching to the higher output coil when if you switch to the electronic ignition system.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)