AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Colored anti-freeze...DO NOT MIX????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 3/10/2008 20:59 (#330951 - in reply to #330862)
Subject: RE: been educated on this....THANKS!

SW OH
De-ionized water and a good quality A-F is a good start. You may also need to add supplemental additives to make a premium A-F. At work we have been useing fleetguard complete for about 5 years now. Anything we come across that is red or orange we drain and refill. (fleetguard complete is blue and is often confused with washer fluid) This includes 20-30 new purchases a year from Cat. At every oil change we sample with test strips from fleetguard. I think this is overkill and do my own once a year. When we first started this program I thought it was a waste of time and money on the strips and more expensive A-F, but we have had a sharp decline in radiator falures. It used to be 2-3 a week, now it is 2-3 a month with most of the fleet having blue in it now.

On a side note about dexicool, the shop foreman bought a new Chevy truck and when we went through the tech schools on A-F he changed his to the blue when his water pump went out just after the warrenty expired. He says with the blue he has heat quicker on cold mornings and it runs cooler when he pulls his boat.

Mitchco.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)