AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat Question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd8010
Posted 2/26/2008 12:13 (#319910 - in reply to #319575)
Subject: RE: Wheat Question?

Amarillo, Tx

Phil, I am located in the eastern half of the texas panhandle near Amarillo. There is good top soil moisture right now but very little subsoil and it looks like its going to stay dry for awhile.

The variety of the wheat straw in the picture is Endurance and I noticed that it had tan spot in the spring last year around the Feekes 4 growth scale. I didn't spray the wheat with a fungicide, however, it still ended up making 60 bushels per acre and it had some stripe rust which I am sure hurt its yield some.  I also had a wheat variety called OK Bullet planted right beside this variety that did not have as much tan spot or any stripe rust and averaged 75 bushels per acre plus it had a better test weight.  2007 was an unusually wet year for this area so these yields aren't normal.

As you can see in this picture the wheat is still small for this time of year so at what stage do you think would be the best time to spray a fungicide on it and at what rate or type of fungicide should I use if moisture conditions are good?  The variety of wheat planted in these pictures is OK Bullet.

Thanks,

Scott

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)