AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foliar P
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 2/22/2008 21:51 (#317063 - in reply to #317046)
Subject: Re: Foliar P

Martinsville, Ohio
I will take a stab here Ham.

In the 70's I ran the Blanchester FFA School Farm, went from 30 acres to 80 acres when I left in 87.

Became friends with the local NaChurs dealer and tested every conconction under the sun.

Bottom line it paid half the time and half the time it didn't. Of course N and K and micros and weather and timing were interrupting the results.

When I had a dry year and good P levels I could make money. When I had a wet year I could only increase yield if I had really low P tests and I had some of the lowest I ever saw, 10 lbs or 20 PPM per acre. Over 50 lbs it was a potshot on weather.

Being dry in Australia I wonder if foliar feeding might make you money. If you showed me 3 years of P deficiency in a leaf test and decent soil test results I know it would pay for you.

Yes I have found this situation and yes it works. I can't predict if it will work in your situation.

Took my best stab at the question Ham. Spoon feeding droughts with foliar works pretty well but Moyer forgot as much as I know. He is healing from heart surgery but maybe I can get this to him.

Ed Winkle
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)