AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

While on the subject of Crop insurance.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 9/12/2007 22:47 (#202859 - in reply to #202789)
Subject: Re: While on the subject of Crop insurance.......

North Central Iowa

Ed,

I knew when I wrote that I wasn't going to get my point across.  Didn't even seem real clear to me, and I knew what I was trying to say.

Anyway, what I wanted to convey was that I think we will have a 'new' farm bill this year, where most of what I've been hearing and reading suggests that they will just continue the current bill for this year and work on a new one next year.  I don't particularly think it will have major changes, but I do think it will be more than a one year continuation.  It just made sense to me that congress is not going to want to work on major changes to a farm bill during a presidential election year.  I guess since it makes sense to me, it's bound to be wrong Smile, especially when the government is involved.  Maybe I misunderstood that you were part of the group that believes there will be a 'continuation this year, new bill next year'.

BTW, been meaning to email you and thank you for lighting a fire under me this spring about innoculant.  While I wouldn't call it a wholesale success due to some application issues with my new-to-me air system, I'll still have some yield trials to compare in a few weeks when I start combining my beans.  I had decided this spring to just wait until next year when you sent the email checking on my progress and then got me involved with the guys at America's Best.  (Their local dealer was basically either unable or unwilling to help me and the first time I called them it seemed like they only wanted to sell through a local distributor - guess I should have been more persistent earlier.)  Thanks for taking the time to check in, it saved me a year's wait for my experimenting.

Mike 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)