AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CLF: Winter wheat harvest pics, **NOW IS 56K FRIENDLY!**
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmerknowsbest
Posted 9/2/2007 16:20 (#197163)
Subject: CLF: Winter wheat harvest pics, **NOW IS 56K FRIENDLY!**

Morrisburg Ontario
Howdy folks. Well I think I have been lurking in the shadows for far too long around here. It is time to start contributing to the proceedings...LOL. Please note, I am not happy with this.

Well our farm is Cedar Lodge Farms. Dad and mom run it. I am a full time employee and am currently studying Agricultural Economics at McGill University. We are located in Eastern Ontario along the St Lawrence river. Heat units are about 3050CHU, major crops are corn beans and wheat. We farm about 2500 acres have a beef feedlot (finished 350-400head per year) and run a commercial grain elevator. We raise 1900ac corn, 400, ac beans, this year 55ac spring wheat, 14 acres winter wheat and the rest is hay.
Please note, I have changed all the images to click able thumbnails to appease the babies. :D However, there will be no commentary throughout as I don't have that much time.

This is actually the first year we have grown wheat is a very long time. It was such a big success, we plan on increasing acres to over 200ac for next year. Well I could talk for hours on end about it, but instead I will just post some pics to give you an idea.

Please comment as you like and I will answer questions as they come.

Warren

The following is of cutting our winter wheat, baling the straw and handling the grain taken the last week of July.

Edited by farmerknowsbest 9/3/2007 18:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)