AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2x vs 3x
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tonesaguy
Posted 12/2/2011 10:01 (#2080399 - in reply to #2078913)
Subject: Re: 2x vs 3x

Chilliwack, British Columbia
She is actually looking forward to it. She keeps asking me if we are gonna go ahead with it or not. It probably helps that she was milking cows long before I was around, even though she is not a real farm girl (they had a small greenhouse when she was a kid). It will be a short shift, less than 2hrs. I usually fall asleep at 830 or so, wake up around 930-1000 for night check, and go to sleep in bed, while she puts the kids to bed. Now, she can go to the barn at 830, I can put the kids to bed and be in bed at nine. Not really any less US time, but more time with me and the kids, even though it will be bed time.

Don't milk often myself, but helped clean stalls the other day. There was a lot of milk in the stalls, that was kind of a deal breaker for me. Should keep the stalls much cleaner, and keep the SCC much lower, plus less clinical cases makes everyone happy.

Glenn

OH yeah, I was meaning she doesn't do anything in the barn at this point, she would be the only extra labour in the barn is the point I was trying to make.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)