AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fescue and grazing advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 10/5/2011 01:11 (#1991339 - in reply to #1991295)
Subject: Re: Fescue and grazing advice

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I wasn't trying to say that AR1 and AR37 were fescue strains, just that they were ergopeptine-deficient
Im not educated in the matter, I just have been sitting around the B.S. table with people like Tammy Holder when she gets on her Ark Plus MaxQ talk that I seem to remember those numbers. And I knew B34 becaues I planted some Baroptima.
Im sure someone for Oregon will get on in a minute and set me straight. They seem to operate more on knowlege and less on "B.S. table" recall.
Here my question for you Jerry, If ArkPlus was considered unlawful and therefore band, and consider to never exist after that point. If ArkPlus seed is harvested, is is considered K31?? Or even Himag for that matter, After all. ArkPlus does not exist. When it went away so did its PVP. So does it have protection. and if so who would enforce it. After all, Im sure UofA, MU, and Allied don't want anything to do with protecting a variety that doesn't exist and they couldn't sell if it did,
Seems like the only people that would have a problem with it would be Pennington and I don't see how they could enforce a PVP for another company/university , let alone a PVP that doesn't exist. They could claim it was infringment on there "utility patent". but how could they do that if the variety was not being sold as a Novel E Fescue.
I just always wondered about that, Ive been around a lot of people that would bring it up in private but never in public, but the more I think about it, someone needs to bring it up. Im still trying to figure out if Im correct or not. And everyone I call that might know simply says they don't have a clue.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)