AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More hog confinement talk.. Pressure washers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/25/2011 21:51 (#1744767 - in reply to #1744202)
Subject: Re: More hog confinement talk.. Pressure washers

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I use my building room controller (Phason-PEC+) for my sprinkler monitor but their are many different controllers that will work. I can't off the top of my head think what my water valve is. I would go to someplace like Hog Slat or someplace similar & see what they offer. On my 41' wide finisher I run four separate lines teh length of the building & just staggers your soakers according to what kind of pattern you want. The more the better I feel. Once you get it installed you will wonder why you didn't do it before. WELL worth the time & money. I see where some on here run there soakers continuous for hours. In my opinion your wasting alot of water in the pit. It needs time to soak in a little at a time. I don't like filling my pits with anymore wter then I have to. I have zero buildup where my soakers run & it's like blowing off the shi* like hot butter. But it's still a dirty job.
Like someone else said GPM is alot more important then PSI. My washer puts out 6 GPM & I think it has only 2,000 PSI. I do have to admit the last 3-4 years I have been hiring out my finisher power washed. My hired guy comes with a 10 GPM washer & not sure what he uses for PSI. I have a 1250 head finisher & he does each side in about 4 hours each & he does an excellent job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)