AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brick Price?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WhiteRiver1
Posted 2/24/2011 09:38 (#1632902 - in reply to #1631481)
Subject: Re: Brick Price?

Fayetteville Arkansas
Hi Eric, I'd like to chime in on this one.....As a masonry contractor I always bid by height. I've laid bricks all the way to 165' tall on projects that had 2 million plus bricks. Work performed at ground level and labor only would be priced about 60 cents per brick(that's for the best of masons) and this pays for the mason and tender. On average a good mason should lay about 500-700 perfect bricks per day(60/40 split for the workers) and they make $180/$120 each for the day.....not bad but you do get what you pay for......There is another way to pay them for labor only and that is by the hour, a good non union mason makes about $20 per hour so for a 9 hour day it works out the same. Other concerns, you must get a copy of their insurances (work comp, or certificate of non coverage and commercial gen liability) lest you be held at fault should something happen on your site as it sounds like you are acting as the GC so that also holds true for all the trades on your site.....should you be audited after construction you will find yourself paying for the insurance in a back fashion for those that you've paid and have no certificate on. If you have some specific questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)