AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brick Price?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 2/23/2011 19:13 (#1631611 - in reply to #1631481)
Subject: RE: Brick Price?

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Yes, about 6 years ago but no bricks, I do have a little experience with masons though. I would suggest attempting to get 3 bids for your work, also see if you can view some of the past work that has been performed, the cheapest is not always the best.

About 4.5 bricks in a sq.ft.. That means he is asking 1.55 to set each brick, yea that sounds a little salty !!!!

My experience involved cinder block. I offered the mason that I would supply the block, sand and mortar mix, he had a mixer and the skills. I would pay him 1.00 for each block he set. He said no,no, no about a dozen times, wanted to quote me a price for the entire job and I accepted, I knew what I had in the budget anyway. Low and behold the guy saved me over 500.00 right off the bat !!!! Oh well.......

Chimney,,,, different phase of the same job, seperate from his bid. Did it myself, couldn't get the guy to come back, probably broke standing in line down at the courthouse. It was hard work but not brain surgery, had some good help as well and it turned out great !!!! Do it yourself !!!!

(Hardcopy 127.JPG)

(Hardcopy 128.JPG)

(IMAG0003.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Hardcopy 127.JPG (81KB - 181 downloads)
Attachments Hardcopy 128.JPG (88KB - 177 downloads)
Attachments IMAG0003.JPG (81KB - 171 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)