AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pellet stoves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 2/22/2011 14:16 (#1629114 - in reply to #1625605)
Subject: RE: pellet stoves -The "here" story........

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Good, bad and ugly ????
Good... The price of pellets has come way down, still need to shop 'em out though. The supply has caught up and gone past the demand, for years pellets were scarce and needed to be purchased early. Yes, we have differing grades of pellets and last season we got some new wording on the grades, basically I believe that all pellets contain some softwood filler, several have started using the word "conifer" in the ingredient chart !!!

Bad... You need to purchase a newer stove,,, they have come along way since there inception. I have a quadra-fire, this is the fourth season. very few problems and it is our sole heat source, we have other heat but don't use it. Changed out a couple of igniters and polished the auto cleaning burnpot bottom once.

Ugly... Don't have any to mention, so, more good. We have about 3,000 sq.ft. and the stove will produce from 14,500 to 60,200 btu's, have never ran on highest setting. Have a thermostat that starts and stops stove at your preset point, works good while your not home or sleeping. Holds 2 bags of pellets, around here on the coldest of days I have burned 3 bags in 24 hours. She is heavy at 430 pounds, need a little help moving her.
Mine is vented right out the chimney and I only need to clean the stove every 7-10 days if in busy use season.

(4-9-08 012.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 4-9-08 012.JPG (78KB - 229 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)