AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions for deer hunters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ronnyb205
Posted 11/28/2010 12:53 (#1457898 - in reply to #1457503)
Subject: Re: Questions for deer hunters

Manitoba
I find the names for deer that describe them as vermin somewhat offensive,I think the whitetail deer is a pretty impressive animal.They can adapt to just about any environment and for the most part take some skill to harvest.I spend a few bucks on hunting gear once in a while,just cuz I like new toys,not that you can't hunt without it.Deer hunting is about the the thrill of the hunt and also enjoying a sport you love with family and friends and all the memories of past hunts.$10 /lb. sounds about right if I factor in all costs and I don't really like venison although in sausage or burger I don't mind it at all.I usually end up giving it away(when it's fresh)to those I know enjoy it,gotta admit I like beef better. I think most bad venison experiences can probably be traced to improper handling.If you gut the deer immediately,skin it ASAP so it can cool,clean all blood and hair off the carcass and then trim off every bit of fat when you're deboning it can be quite edible.I'd say very,very few hunters take proper care of the meat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)